LOVE

welcome

Bits and pieces of the journey of life of Joann...

30 Hour Famine


Heavy downpour but still high in spirit.

I've made it...my breakfast meal

Let's make a difference together

Cold and wet & yet still pressing on

200 balloons release as a symbol of HOPE



"We pledge to willingly and passionately participate in the Famine to help children living in poverty. We are fasting to ensure that no child has to grow up without the basic rights that he or she is entitled to. We are fasting because nothing will change if we do not take action together."

I made it again this year..it was a little of struggle with the temptation of good food @ El Sanctuary and this morning as I wake up, my body really feeling so low in energy and my hands were shaking. I was tempted to give up or to take some glucose drink...but I told myself to hang on..I have come this far for me to give up..I press on...to finish this race that I choose to race. A race to make a difference to the world..to the children out there.

As I stepped into the Hockey stadium @ Bukit Jalil this afternoon for final 4 hours countdown...all tiredness and feeling of hunger and weakness left me...I felt excited as I hear the voices of the few hundred campers cheering. It really touches my heart...and I felt emotional as I watch the crowd..all that willing to spend their time and going without food for 3o hours...its not easy but many turn up and be part of this group. Even when it started to rain, the crowd still in the best mood and attitude and remain under the rain despise not eating for the past 26 hours.

As I looked around the stadium, watching the crowd...I felt thankful for each and every of them..for playing a role in making a difference and care about those who are suffering.

Many times we complain too much, I am guilty of it myself. "Eee, this food not nice", "I don't like to eat this", "This food so small portion"....Have we ever be thankful that we have something to eat at least? Many times we also tend to complain, "so hot, no air con", "this mattress not nice to sleep", "this room so small"..... When we complain, are we aware that at the same time, when we have so much and yet still complaining, there are people at the other part of the world, suffering from cold and wet from the rain cause they have no proper shelter. As it rain and rain during the 4 hours, I was feeling cold and I wonder, is this how the children feels most of the day..cold and hungry or hot and hungry under burning sun. I don't know which is better, to feel hungry, cold and wet or feeling hungry and hot. I only have to face it for 4 hours and I can have a nice long hot shower after that...but those children and families.....what to they have?? what can they do??

Most of the people in countries like Laos, Cambodia,Africa, India and Myanmar, if they are lucky enough, they will have a "house", i hardly could consider it as a house for it is only as big as a queen size bed, with leaking "roof". The whole family lives in this small "house" and they sleep on the floor and obviously they do not have electricity or water tap. I have heard and seen many pictures of this but I saw it with my own eyes when I was at Cambodia feel months back.

The little thing that we can do is a huge difference to them. RM30 can feed a family there for a month. Imagine that..it only cost us one new outfit or one nice meal at Sushi King or Chilies and yet it mean a lot to them. This is how poor their conditions are. Children have to work and carry water everyday to earn for the family. At the same time, they are tired and feeling weak because they do not have a proper meal or maybe even without meal.

Imagine as we are in our comfortable home right now, a child out there is dying of hunger by the street or shivering in the cold as she or he trying to sleep by the road side..

"We cannot hope to change the world in one day, but we can make a difference in the little that we do"

Tomorrow
Lyrics: Goh Yii Jian, Francissa & Bibiana Peter
Music: Yise
Producer: Abraham Tee & Billy Ong@Mobimusic
Arrangement: Ian Tee

小小的眼光
失去了光芒
即使小小的手掌
也有权飞翔

大大的梦想
失去了力量
哪儿有大大的肩膀
温暖他心房

明天孩子们会有希望
会长出耀眼的翅膀
照着那温暖的风和光
轻轻地飞扬

The world we live in can do with giving
A child today is a child of our tomorrow
I've seen the children who have been broken
By wars and hunger and natural disaster
So broken

When tomorrow comes we must have hope
We must reach out to every single child
When tomorrow comes we spread our love
And make it a better day

生活会有悲和喜
We've gotta pray and do our best
只有伸出我们的手
To bring you a better a tomorrow

明天孩子们会有希望
会长出耀眼的翅膀




0 comments: