LOVE

welcome

Bits and pieces of the journey of life of Joann...

OM Partnership Event...


The last weekend left an impact in my life and heart...no doubt it was a tiring time..but it's really worth it. Besides witnessing how God provide, this event stir my heart and impacted and touch me as well. We targeted about RM1 million to be collected in this weekend..but God plan was far greater than what we expected. We managed to raise RM.10.7 million just in the weekend. Praise God for His work and blessing! And also I am touch to see how generous and giving Dato Francis Yeoh was to us, besides sponsoring our stay and meals there, he donated a huge amount to us, for ship to operate.

This event is actually a fund raising program for the ship Logos hope that is currently in Kobe, Germany..waiting for the work of renovation to be completed before it can sail. (check out more info about the ship and its ministry @ www.omships.org)

************

I really want to give credits to the hotel staff..their are so efficient, efficient & wonderful! I really felt so pampered throughout my stay there and not to mention the wonderful sauna, steam bath & hot tub jacuzzi in the spa room.

Being there, working together with the gold team ( all that have been or currently still with the ship ministry) makes me feel as if I am back in Doulos, working. We do not know each other before but it only took us a while, really short time to bind and to relate to each other as if we have known each other for long time. Its all because we feel that we are all part of the family..

As we were checking the grand ballroom before the gala dinner, the sound crew was checking the sound system and they run the Doulos History maker movie clip..As I hear the familiar sound, I stop in track and cant help watching it as I feel the wave of emotions sweep over me..My eyes became teary as I stood there and watch the familiar people, parts of the ship..the place that is close to my heart and the place I call home.. I thought it was only me being emo..but I realize those that been on Doulos and now finished their commitment on Doulos, felt the same way as I do..

During the worship time in the morning, even though it was simple, I felt blessed and again my eyes grew teary..It was wonderful! I really miss Doulos worship. We had Sunday service in the hotel and holy communion.

I realize I enjoy meeting with ppl and communicating, doing PR job and sharing with them my life and experiences on Doulos. Again, it was so similar with the time I was on board, working in book exhibition..meeting thousands of people a day in most port..

Sunday..everything was over. Feeling a little emo leaving the place and saying farewell to the team...Went to Piramid for fellowship with ex Douloid's fren. We had a good time of chatting..and again..most of our conversation were related to the ship..a bind that no one will understand unless they been there. A conversation that others might not be able to relate to unless they was there before...DOULOS.... and all of you wonderful people that I met on board..you all will always remain close to my heart!


My comfy bed

What am I trying to do :D

I love the bathroom soooo much...

Worship time



Holy Communion

F&B Manager, that lead an amazing team

Event stage

The Gold Team members


What are we doing???

Joann & Austin - George assistant

Finally I can rest my feet after hours on heels


Billy & Helan Tan - awesome couple

Aus, Joe, Veron, David

George Verwer (OM founder), Juwita & me
p/s : he may look old here, but you should have seen him dancing all out on stage with Juwita during the gala dinner. All of us were stunt and had a good laugh!

A great man- pastor from SIB KK

Lissane, Ming Hua, Joe, D way & David @ Piramid

View from my room



"cabin mate" Grace, Huey & Joe

Can I not leave this place...

**************

Preview of few of the many food that we had :)














0 comments: