LOVE

welcome

Bits and pieces of the journey of life of Joann...

BLOOD BOILING HOT!


Feeling so frustrated and angry and irritated now! I realize I really need to work on conflict resolution especially when working in team. I realize when things happen, my first respond is really feeling angry and "um song" instead of calmly looking at the matter and settle it. Maybe my mood is not so good today, that's why easily get angry.

It's my group project problem. For business project, we (group of 4) are selling chocolate gift packages. In the beginning, it was decided to sell choco cos I was at Langkawi few weeks back and I could get chocolate back there at a lower cost. I was thinking of the packaging and manage to get nice package at a very good bargain from wholesale.

My first mistake: went to buy and look for it by myself. (It was a hard work, walking around petaling street in the afternoon, when the sun is at the peak, going into one shop to another to get the packaging and in getting the best bargain at lowest cost). I thought that do not need to be so "ma fan" and required all member to be present to buy since I am near there (came back from Ipoh) for they are quite busy with other things.

Second mistake: I thought since all the choco is at my house, and it is really heavy and a lot to carry it around (enough to have to carry from Langkawi back here, from air port to KL Sentral and back home) & since it is difficult to gather everyone to be present and pack the choco at my house, I volunteer to do it by my self since it's more convenient and I do not mind doing it.

Therefore, all that is required and left to be done by the group is get the poster printed and sticking it around Uni and then set booth and sell together and then work on the report together.
A small problem arise today when I called the dealer for the gift packaging for the remainder 50 unit that I have requested. I was informed that the stock has not arrived and it might only reach by early next month.

I can easily go over the shops to get it or find another substitute for the 50 but I thought it will be better this time to go as a group to get it so that everyone will have contribution and it will also be easier to decide on the substitute if the one that we wanted really not available. So, i mail every member regarding this and asked to go together to settle this matter.

Guess what respond that I get from one of the member?

"Need not to get the remaining 50 gift package since its troublesome and its only a project, just do it simple" (talking about troublesome...did I ever complain when I buy all those stocks and look around for the best deal and pack everything? Now just thought that the whole group can go once to get it, he complain its troublesome???)

"Accuse of not clear of the what choco that I but and bout the price" (As if I am cheating when in class last week, I did explain the cost and show the calculation to the group - not my problem when he is the one that was absent from class and not clear about that matter)

And other things that he mention la...not in the mood to write and elaborate so long about it.
I am so angry and feels so "um song" when I read his mail...

I really need to calm down....not to let anger over power me... I am learning and trying to calm down..put all my "um songness" aside and to understand him from his point of view and from his thinking so that there will be no hard feelings and we can continue to work as a team.

2mrw..going to have a group meeting before the sales...I really want a smooth and calm meeting 2mrw as this issue be address.

Breath in..... breath out....breath in..... breath out..... (repeat)

0 comments: