LOVE

welcome

Bits and pieces of the journey of life of Joann...

Another thing done....


Weeks of anxiety and nervousness...finally over yesterday. Reached the studio few minutes before my scheduled time..So good to be on time :) As I entered into the photo shooting studio..it was totally different from my previous experiences...it was like what we watch in movie..white walls, mirror one one side with make up artist and one hair stylist...all those equipments for photo taking, clothing hanging on one side, lighting...back ground music.those music that is usually play when models walk out to the runway...

I was feeling so nervous...I hardly have time to settle down..as I entered, I was ushered to the make up artist to have my face painted and then had my hair done by the hair stylist...

Make up aunty: Can I trim your eye brow? U Malay?
Joann: No prob..nope.
Make up aunty: Mix?
Joann: Yes
Make up aunty: Oh, mix with what?
Joann: Chinese, English, Indian
Make up aunty: Then you can speak Chinese la
Joann: Nod ( aiyo..how many times do I have to go through this every time I meet people)
Make up aunty: (while painting my face with foundation) You got very beautiful features.
Joann: (smile....hehe....blush...)

The waiting time make me feeling more nervous... As I watched the first girl being photo shoot... gosh..I feel more nervous and stress..It seems to be so difficult...the photographer do not really teach us...but expect us to know how to pose and to pose our own style...STRESS!!! SWEAT! Dah la the air con so cold...SHIVER..

My turn next....gosh...I stand in front of the camera with the big panel yellow light on my face..I was like...er what to do ah...."

Cam man: Joann, R U ready??
Joann: (Stood there kaku and look @ the cam) Yes
Cam man: (Looked at me from behind the cam) Huh, you ready d ah like tis? Come on, do better than that.
Joann: Er, ok...(shifting leg and body posture)
Cam man: Smile more, come on show me your teeth. Dun smile so forceful..smile smile...
Joann: (Trying so hard to smile with teeth - I hate that)
Cam man: (Walk towards me) Ok, see, you have to smile, and show you are confident, to make the picture more appealing. I will do my best but you need to work hard as well. You have come this far, don't waste this chance, ok?
Joann: (nod, nod) ok

***************
Cam man: Much better d, much better! That's a good shot..more...
Try a giggle shot...come on...like this, be more "gigglish", shoulder up...
Joann: (huh..how to do that???) blur..
Cam man: Ok, I will use the blower to blow your hair from here so that your jaw line will be more enhance and visible...
Make up aunty: (touch up makeup)
"aunty" 2: (adjust the necklace & my top & pin behind to make it more fitting)
Cam man: Ok, look at your picture on the comp screen, you are doing much better already, the last few shots already good...ready?

******************
(Change cloths)

Cam man: (stand beside me) You got a pretty face and nice smile, your photo already good but can be more... move your body forward, play with body language, show more of your neck. (demo)
Joann: (Move, pose, smile)
Cam man: Ok, you are done...

***************
After I have warm up, I actually enjoying every moment of it...It is fun :)

All that is left now is to wait for result.....


0 comments: