LOVE

welcome

Bits and pieces of the journey of life of Joann...

Memory.......In Kanazawa, Japan


One of the most heart breaking encounter I had in Japan when I was with MV DOULOS.... One that will always be in my heart....

Was walking and enjoying at a park and doing some quiet time, hearing my mp3 of worship songs....it was after I had done my shopping at a mall which is 30 minutes walk from the port...as usual....bought lots of food stuff..was really greedy when I was there....always get hungry no matter how much I eat....haha...I remembered there is one night when I was on my bed in my cabin at night...munching happily, greedily & illegally away....my cabin mate....from Korea walked over to my bed and ask me....I see you eat a lot and nearly everytime I saw you eating in cabin...but how you maintain your figure....I guess its the cold wheather that makes me eat lot....to keep warm :D

Ok..back to the main topic.... bought lots of sushi and yakult drink, thinking & share with my shift mates later before we start work at 5pm... and sitting under a tree at the park...enjoying the quietness ( it is hardly quiet in DOULOS especially in book ex) and I saw something that really breaks my heart....

As I was sitting there...with lots of food in packages beside me.....this man...in his 40s....went to the big rubbish bin right in front of me....bout 50 m away....digging into the bin....searching for food.....found some and place some remainder food that he found into his mouth....

I was....I was completely broken.... tears swells in my eyes.....my heart felt really painful at the sight of it....I couldn't resist it any longer...I gotta do something....I just can't let it go and pretend didn't see anything.... I dig into my packages of food and took a big box of sushi, walked over to the man, hand out the food to him without saying anything.....

That sight.... really brought me down to tears..... broke my heart..... awaken me.....
************************************************************************************

The more we should be thankful of what we have..... thankful that we have a home, a shelter, food and everything....

0 comments: